Hi, I linked you in my guild site :)

PUBLIC - Open to Everyone -
Sign our Guest Book and post a short message

Hi, I linked you in my guild site :)

Postby Transvaal » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:22 pm

Hi, people from CEL, I tried to PM any of you but I needed to register, so I will just post here, since I will not be using those forums.

Probably not the best place to let you know this, but I linked the CEL site into the WISH one, I just wanted to let you know, in case there is something wrong with that. You can read more about WISH in our guild website, there you will find a link to my e-mail if you need to contact me.

I used this in the maps section on my site:

<tr><td class="maps-link">
<a href="http://www.el-cel.com/" target="contents">CEL's Guild Site</a>
</td></tr>

<tr><td class="maps-explain">
<blockquote>
CEL is a very old and respected guild in our beloved Eternal Lands. As such, they also have a really great and nice web site. Their web stie contains a lot of useful resources, and, of course, a custom maps section. Visit the site, and download any maps from there if you wish.
</blockquote>
</td></tr>

The site is this:

http://two.fsphost.com/WISH/index.html

Go to downloads->maps. I also plan to make a links section, where your web site will be linked as well (if you have no problem with that).[/quote]

We also host our own custom maps, made by Cereza, you can use them as well if you wish, I think she made maps for all the spots in the game, but i dont know if she uploaded them all into the zip file yet. You will also find some more interesting downloads there if you wish, for example, regular cvs snapshots for the encyclopedia and cvs precompiled clients (right now for Win32 and Linux amd64).

If you need more info or just need to contact me for anything, use my mail in the WISH site, if you dont like the fact that there is a link you your site into mine, let me know and I will remove it, no problem on that. By the way, WISH is a peaceful guild, I know you are also good people, consider us as friends if you need something. We are a small guild, and have no will to grow fast, we preffer to keep things quiet and to step carefully, so we will -hopefully- never need to use the #remove command to kick anyone. My name in the game is Transvaal, as well, and i am the guildmaster for WISH. At your disponsal and service :)

Blesses and salutations for all the CEL members! :)
Transvaal

Postby Ghrae » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:12 pm

I haven't had a chance to check out your site, but linking to CEL is perfectly ok.

If you make any direct references to the maps we host, you might want to make mention that they are created by Vanyel (not affiliated with CEL but has given us permission to host the maps).

Other than that, good luck with the site and thanks for the link ;)
Ghrae
#Elfenwolfe

Postby Transvaal » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 pm

Ghrae wrote:I haven't had a chance to check out your site, but linking to CEL is perfectly ok.

If you make any direct references to the maps we host, you might want to make mention that they are created by Vanyel (not affiliated with CEL but has given us permission to host the maps).

Other than that, good luck with the site and thanks for the link ;)

No direct refferences, I just linked the site, so anyone willing to get something from your site, needs to browse thru it (I think that is the right way to do things).

Thanks for your answer, I just wanted to hear your opinion :)
Transvaal

Postby Ghrae » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:29 pm

Couldn't get to your site from the link above, just a generic FSPHost ad site.
Ghrae
#Elfenwolfe

Postby Transvaal » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:37 pm

The server crashed yesterday and all was lost, i had to upload all again this evening, it seems that they are having some nasty problems, keep trying, it should work at a random momment. Anyway, that hosting is temp, I am looking for any other. Its very crappy.

Thanks for your interest. By the way, I like a lot your work in both, the CEL and the EL web sites, very nice! :D
Transvaal

Postby Ghrae » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:58 pm

What you saw on the main EL site was Roja's art work. I just created a simplistic template design for her stuff ;)

And the main CEL site is Phenic's art work, my programming and a LOT of contributors.
Ghrae
#Elfenwolfe

Return to Guest Book